Monday, October 18, 2010

Yellow Beetroot & Purple Carrots ... are you serious???

I was at the growers market on Sunday morning and one of the suppliers had the most amazing veges.  I bought some yellow beetroot and purple carrot. Such amazing colours, especially when they were cooked.



The carrots were purple on the outside and yellow on the inside.  Seriously - they were. I roasted the carrots and both coloured beets.  The taste of the yellow was out of this world.  It didn't have the earthy taste that the red usually does.  And it was so golden yellow.

This same supplier also had really fresh garlic, still attached to the stems.  It was the really really really fresh stuff that when cut is snow white in colour and totally drips in juice everywhere.  Mmmmmmmm, love my garlic. 

Ah - fresh live food. You can't beat it can you??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello .. I do love a visitor .... why not leave me a note so I know you called by, then I can visit you too. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...